Paris Region is unique among the world’s major cities for its highly diversified economic landscape. Sectors of excellence that have emerged in recent years – including biotechnology, nanotechnology, wireless services, 3D animation – thrive alongside more traditional specialisms such as aerospace and the automotive industry.
A global strategic centre
Paris Region is also a key centre for strategic decision-making within the global economy: as well as leading Europe for the number of Fortune 500 companies based here (ahead of both London and New York, and just behind Tokyo), it also hosts virtually all the key French industry players (CAC40), all of them global leaders in their respective markets. Many multinational corporations have chosen to locate their headquarters and strategic functions – executive management, HR, marketing, R&D – in Paris Region.
Paris Region means innovation
Paris Region’s multi-specialist economy is unparalleled in Europe, packed with high-tech clusters and research centres that rank among the global and European leaders. This unique economic profile generates cross-sector research projects and a healthy spirit of competition that transcends traditional sector boundaries to create whole new specialist fields: combining ICT and healthcare, for example, or automotive and eco technologies.
This dynamic economy is structured by the region’s seven competitiveness clusters, which promote and encourage the development of collaborative projects.
Paris Region’s competitiveness clusters – a snapshot
Paris Region’s seven competitiveness clusters are one of the region’s key economic assets. Linking up major corporations, SMEs, start-ups, research centres, educational/training institutions (both private and academic) and local authorities, these clusters cover most of the region’s key economic sectors, helping to drive the creation and transmission of innovative projects.
- Mov’éo: designing and developing safer transport systems – for people and the environment.
- ASTech Paris Region: consolidating the region’s leading positions in aerospace, business aviation, propulsion systems and aerospace facilities.
- Medicen Paris Region: guiding innovation in human healthcare – prevention, diagnosis, therapies, associated technologies – toward industry, the market and the patient.
- Cap Digital Paris Region: designing and developing digital content and services.
- Systematic Paris Region: designing, creating and managing complex systems.
- Finance Innovation: developing a leading European financial information platform and financial training hub.
- Advancity: developing the full range of projects promoting urban sustainability and eco-technologies.