Paris Region – an eco-technology leader
Having set itself the goal of being Europe’s premier eco-region, Paris Region is driving forward a large number of projects in the fields of eco-technology, eco-construction and eco-mobility – specialisms in which the region’s businesses, from major corporations to SMEs, are especially strong.
The quest for environmental excellence
- More than 300 public- and private-sector research facilities
- 12,055 researchers (full-time equivalents)
- More than 2,300 employees working for major corporations, engineering/consultancy SMEs, SMIs and innovative start-ups.
Trialing cutting-edge solutions
- Paris Region Lab: this organization supports local authorities as they implement innovative strategies and businesses looking for suitable locations to test their solutions.
- Issy Grid – a district-level smart grid: construction and new technologies were combined in the installation of this smart grid for optimizing energy usage across specific urban districts of Issy-les-Moulineaux (in the department of Hauts-de-Seine
- Cluster Descartes : a network of research centers, higher education institutes and high-tech companies that aims to become the global hub for sustainable urban development design, realization and management.
Hosting major eco-technology events
- Pollutec Horizons: international exhibition of eco-technologies, energy and sustainable development.
- Interclima + Elec + Ideo Bain + Batimat: the no.1 global event for construction and building energy efficiency.
- INNOV’ECO – Cleantech Innovation Hub: a regular forum for information and discussion covering the key aspects of the green economy and a meeting place for all cleantech suppliers and their clients.
Advancity: the sustainable cities and mobility cluster
- 240 members, including 160 SME/SMIs, 18 leading global groups, 31 research and higher education institutions, 31 local authorities
- Fields of research:
- Eco-technologies: urban technologies (water, waste, air, etc.) and renewable energies
- Eco-construction: sustainable buildings and infrastructures
- Eco-mobility: transport, accessibility, mobility
- Eco-cities: supporting urban development, management and strategies.
- More than 310 projects – of which 110 have received funding, representing total investments of €350 million in research and innovation.