Just released: Paris Region Key Figures 2017
Paris Region Key Figures 2017 provides a synthetic overview of key figures in the Paris region (Ile-de-France) which is one of the leading regions in Europe and the world. (In English only).
"Paris Region Key Figures" is a real tool for decision-making. It promotes the Paris Region's strengths to international companies planning to set up in the region to expand their business in France and in Europe, as well as to economic and political leaders and all those who wish to acquire a global vision of the Paris Region economy.
This annual edition is distributed internationally to over 3,000 influencers and ambassadors of the Paris Region destination.
Paris Region Key Figures, together with the regional brand and the Paris Region Map cartography, is part of the Regional Council of Ile-de-France’s tools to promote the international reputation of Paris region.
Elaborated on the basis of the latest statistics and public information, this publication is produced by Paris Region Entreprises, the Paris Ïle-de-France Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Paris Region Urban Planning and Development Agency (IAU Ïle-de-France).
Some of its main assets:
• The highest GDP in the European Union (EU28): €649b: 30.3% of the French nation's GDP and 4.6% of the EU28’s GDP, ahead of Greater London and Lombardy (Italy).
• 1,024,000 companies and 6.1 million jobs
• The Region is the undisputed European leader in R&D, in terms of jobs and spending dedicated to this field: 156,000 jobs and €19b of R&D expenditure
• A consumer marketplace of considerable importance: 12 million inhabitants, 8.3 million visitors in the Region’s main conference and exhibition centers, 47 million tourists.
• The largest inventory of commercial real estate in Europe: 52.8 millions m2
• A young, cosmopolitan, and talented population, and a highly qualified workforce: 18.2% of France's population, 26.5% of students in France, and 23.1% of jobs in France.
• Internationally renowned for excellence in education, science and technology (top business, engineering and specialized higher educational institutions, Fields medals, Nobel prizes, innovative companies)
• World-class infrastructure, to ensure the seamless flow of people, goods, capital and data.
* This annual edition is distributed internationally to more than 3,000 influencers and ambassadors of the Paris Region destination.
Elaborated on the basis of the latest statistics and public information, this publication is produced by Paris Region Entreprises, the Paris Île-de-France Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Paris Region Urban Planning and Development Agency (IAU Île-de-France).