DISCOVER THE KEY FIGURES 2018 OF THE PARIS REGION
"Paris Region Key Figures" is a real tool for decision-making. It promotes the Paris Region's strengths to international companies planning to set up in the region to expand their business in France and in Europe, as well as to economic and political leaders and all those who wish to acquire a global vision of the Paris Region economy.
This annual edition is distributed internationally to over 3,300 influencers and ambassadors of the Paris Region destination.
Paris Region Key Figures, together with the regional brand and the Paris Region Map, is part of the tools used to promote the international reputation of Paris region.
Elaborated on the basis of the latest statistics and public information, this publication is produced by Paris Region Entreprises, the Paris Ile-de-France Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Paris Region Urban and Environmental Agency (IAU île-de-France).
Paris Region in 2018:
- On the podium of global cities
- The highest GDP in the European Union: €660b
- 30% of the French nation's GDP and 4.5% of the EU28's GDP
- 1,055,000 companies and 6.2 million jobs
- Europe's largest employment pool: 23.1% of jobs in France and 35% of French executives
- Europe's #1 region in R&D with the highest R&D spending and the largest pool of R&D workers
- A consumer marketplace of considerable importance:
- 12 million inhabitants, 18.2% of France's population
- 8.3 million visitors in the Region’s main conference and exhibition centers,
- 47 million tourists
- The largest stock of commercial property in Europe
- A region in reinvention